I've always been a fan of the work of surrealist master Salvador Dali. (You're probably familiar with his painting "The Persistence of Memory", also known as "the one with the floppy clocks".) But by far my favorite piece of his is one I spotted just a few weeks ago at the Art Institute of Chicago: the Venus de Milo, hilariously re-purposed as a chest of drawers. I'm pretty sure his Venus isn't for sale, but if you love things that are a little bizarre, here are a few items to give your home that extra dose of unreality. What do you think … whimsical or just plain weird?
1. The Venus de Milo with Drawers, by Salvador Dali.
2. Distortion candlestick by areaware.
3. Pot, knife and rolling pin hooks from The Future Perfect.
4. Perfectly Imperfect dinner plates from The Future Perfect.
5. Melty pendant lamp by Rebecca Wilson, via Design Milk.
6. A fruit bowl ... made of fruit. From the Future Perfect.
7. Design Glut jar wall tiles from Design Public.
8. Hand-held wall vase by areaware.
9. Who's that sleeping in your bed? Bed set from CITE.
10. Half mirror by areaware.
Images: 1. wikipaintings, 7. Notcot, All others as linked above.