Apartment Therapy's friend and organizational expert Fay Wolf is living proof that being highly organized doesn't have to mean being sterile and rigid.
→ See the video above and all the pics in the full tour here: Fay Wolf's Fun & Functional Silver Lake Apartment
Her modest one-bedroom apartment is filled with colorful mementos and multiple instruments for her busy life as a musician, organizational consultant, and, most recently, author—yet it doesn't feel overly cluttered (or empty). By keeping her valuables organized, easily accessible, and attractively displayed, Fay has achieved the perfect balance of an organized, functional home that also feels personal and inspiring.
• The Star: Fay Wolf is a singer-songwriter, actor and professional organizer. Her book "New Order: A Decluttering Handbook for Creative Folks (And Everyone Else)" was featured in the LA Times here. She's acted on shows like 2 Broke Girls and Bones, and her songs have been heard on shows like Grey's Anatomy and Pretty Little Liars. Fay's Los Angeles-based company New Order has been organizing lives since 2006, helping creative people deal with both inner and outer clutter. She coaches in-person, by phone, and in group workshops. Learn more via FayWolf.com and follow her on Twitter @faywolf!
• More Videos: Go to our Video Channel to see new videos of real inspiring spaces and smart tips!
• Submissions Welcome: Are you a Maker? Do you have great how-tos and tips to share? Do you have a winning personality or are you just a great character? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site.
Links and Related Posts:
• Take a Video Tour of a "Faux Family" Home in Brooklyn
• 300 Sq Foot Transformation: Matt's Video House Tour
• Video: Jessica & Milo Living Large in a Small Space
• Video: Natasha & Rob's Super Smart Small Space
Video by Rebecca Blumhagen for Apartment Therapy