It seems like the hardcore video game collectors are coming out of the woodworks lately. First it was the half a million dollar, 30 year old collection
and now it's this equally impressive (and more thoughtfully presented) gaming room dedicated to all that is Nintendo...
What's most impressive besides the sheer breadth of James' Nintendo-centric collection (as revealed over at
) is the obvious planning that went into organizing and displaying such a huge collection of media and gaming memorabilia. What appears to be IKEA Besta media cabinets with fold down doors line nearly a whole wall, hiding away most of this collector's cartridges (remember those, pre-DVD gamers?), while several small walls showcase a gallery of Nintendo's finest characters alongside Nintendo Wall Decals from ThinkGeek
Some additional information about James (who is a personal trainer and shared these photos and details below with one of his clients):
(Images: Reddit user ScienceBrah)
- The TB is 65", it just looks smaller in the pictures for some reason.
- There are surround sound speakers in the room.
- The speakers and the tv are not expensive brands, they were just cheap finds from Craigslist.
- The gray filing cabinets have the rest of the Nintendo 64/SNES/Genesis games.
- These are just pictures a friend took of the room and posted on Reddit without discussing it, everything isn't detailed and inventoried to display.
- I only play video games ~3 hours a month. I don't buy many/any new games really, with work and grad school.
- I've been collecting for 15+ years--and will game again in the future when I have more balance/autonomy over my schedule :-)
- The extent of the room usage has been 1-2x a month, getting together with friends and plugging away leisurely.
- Big neck cat yawning: Riley seems pleased about his internet fame, but yet, disconnected. Actually, I don't think he cares either way. He is a pirate, and he does what he wants. It's Riley's world, I'm just living in it. He does seem to like 8-16 bit stereo sound effects, and whisker lickens.