Project by: Mark Cravotta of Cravotta Interiors
Location: Hyde Park Neighborhood, Austin, Texas
Designer Mark Cravotta says: We were looking for a house for a year before we found the gem we bought two years ago. This is home to my wife, two daughters and me. The house was built in 1922 in Austin's first "subdivision" of Hyde Park. It's a quiet, walk-able neighborhood almost completely canopied by huge trees.
The house was already in great shape. All we had to do is paint, change some lighting and furnish it. We wanted something simple, with character that would be easy for a very active family to live in. Some resources:
- Large Rug - New Oushak reproduction
- Sofa - Cassina Moov
- Table Lamp - Three Sixty from Fontana Arte
- Wood frame chairs - Michael Taylor Klismos Chairs
- Coffee Table - vintage 1940's Itallian
- Chandelier - Original design by Mark Cravotta
- Pair of upholstered corner chairs - A. Rudin
- Ceiling lights - Porcelain keyless sockets from Home Depot (or any hdwe supply) $3 each.
- Island light - Visual Comfort
- Backsplash - Unfinished Cypress 1x6
- Countertop - Silas Stone
- Oven and Steam Oven - Meile
- Cooktop - KitchenAid
- Rug - Antique Berber from Morocco
- Chandelier - Original BTC
- Dining Table - Gratz Industries TG-40 Terenia
- Dining Chairs - Roost (w/ leather cushions I had made)
- Bed - Original designed by Mark Cravotta
- Side Table - Michael Wilson
- Floor Lamp - Kaiser Idell
- Chair - Moooi Smoke designed by Maarten Baas
Thanks, Mark Cravotta!
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.