For fans of the Warm Industrial look who aren't interested in restoring an old factory or warehouse themselves, this 2-bedroom condo in DC offers the look and feel of a historical building but with plenty of modern amenities and luxury.
- 772 Girard St Nw #2e Washington, DC
- 2 bedroom | 2 bath | 1,670 sq ft
- Located in the Columbia Heights/Shaw neighborhoods (with a walk score of 90)
- Property website
Things We Love About This Property Crush:
- Located in The Helicopter Factory development, built in 2016, the property was formerly home to the Standard Material Co. and the Gyro Motor Co., owned by inventor Emile Berliner.
- The home is laid out across three floors including a private roof deck sized for small get-togethers.
- With a nod to its factory roots, there are many industrial-inspired details including exposed wood beams on the ceiling, industrial pipe/reclaimed wood shelving in the kitchen, and a sliding barn door between the master bed and bath.
- The space boasts ample light including large paned windows in the dining room and second bedroom and floor-to-ceiling windows in the living room.
- White oak flooring throughout and a floating staircase help keep the space feeling airy and bright.
- An interesting feature in the kitchen is the custom-built, granite-topped rolling island.
- A lofted den can house a home office, library or lounge.
- A separate dining room makes the space dinner-party friendly.
- The unit has central air conditioning as well as a ceiling fan in the living room.
Are you on the house hunt, or just the type of person who loves browsing real estate listings, even when you're not in the market for a new home? Property Crush is a column where we feature actual real estate listings that get the Apartment Therapy seal of approval in regards to style (we haven't done home inspections or anything, so don't sue us). If you see a listing you think we'd like, email our tip line at firstname.lastname@example.org.