Up here in the Pacific Northwest winter is just around the corner. This cooler weather has me thinking about fireplaces, comfy couches and the holiday season. A blazing fire on a cold night is literally a great way to warm up a room. What about decor, colors, and textures — can they also warm up a room?
I personally love wood grain, it has a way of making a room feel warmer. What are some of your tips or tricks used to warm up your home?
Furniture, Accessory & Art Sources:
• Bedside Gun Table Lamp from YLighting
• Modern Masters Ziggy II Rug from Modern Rugs
• Edward Wormley "Party" Sofa For Dunbar from 1stdibs
• Rolly furniture collection by Matt Carr for umbra from Unica Home
• Menorah by areaware from Unica Home
• Gyrofocus high ceiling fireplace by Focus
• Cast-Iron Base Tray Side Table from West Elm
• Hancock carbon bookcase from CB2
• Fox by Jonathan Adler
• Victorian LOVE pillow by Jonathan Adler
• Mod Model Pillow by Jonathan Adler
Paint Color: Olympic's White Smoke C10-1 would be a great blank canvas to allow your decor do all the warming.
lmage: Collage by Tyler Goodro of Plastolux