Name: 4-year-old boy
Location: Alftanes, Iceland
Our little guy just turned four this summer. He's a child that loves animals, pirates and superheroes. But he also loves sitting down with a book, and he can play for hours. He is also very good in tidying up his own room, and does so with out being asked (I'm a lucky mom).
I love to use gray as a base in kids' rooms as it allows for all the toys and fun stuff to pop, bursting with colors. The room is filled with DIY projects, both small and large. A recent addition is the Vilac Teepee, which he loves to play in. As a matter of fact - he's been sleeping on a mattress in there since he got it. This also explains why you can see his bed in two different location in the photos.
A room has to be functional, as well as beautiful, and this works for us in both ways. The large bookcase allows for all his toys to be on display (and hidden behind the closed doors) but as it is on the same wall as the door - it provides a pretty clean look to the room when entering.
- The bed is the same bed that I, and all my siblings, slept in - bought back in 1962 from Denmark, and is called Junoseng.
- The cloud shelves are just clouds cut from MDF and then the Ribba shelf from IKEA placed in front of it. The same can be said about the branch-shelf, also a cut out drilled to the front of a large Ribba shelf.
- The curtains are from IKEA; I think they have been discontinued,
- The dresser is MALM, also IKEA.
- The Vilac Teepee can be found on Amazon.
Thanks, Soffia! Readers, say hello to Soffia at Skreytum Hus.