What surprised us about the awesome home tours that came out of Austin this year was not just how amazingly designed they were, but how varied each one was. Every single home we featured was so uniquely suited to its inhabitants, and we find that sort of commitment to personal style completely inspiring.
• 1 Erin's Warm & Wood-Wrapped Austin Bungalow
• 2 Eclectic & Cool South Austin Bachelor Bungalow
• 3 LonAnne's Vintage and Modern Texas Charmer
• 4 Nana's Warm and Modern Family Home
• 5 Ami and Sean's Colorful, Welcoming & Art-Filled Home
We also felt like every Austin house tour really imparted a lesson about getting to know yourself, listening to your own style needs and sometimes thinking outside of the box to create a home that really stands out from the rest. Like how creative artist Erin realized early on that by working with a design professional, in this case a budget-sensitive local architect, could help save her more money in the long run, and they were left with an amazing, wood-wrapped home with efficient storage. Or one of our favorites of the year, Elizabeth's house, that blew every "rule" out of the water with every inch of the bold and imaginative home that was treated with creativity, authenticity and color.
• 6 Elizabeth's Colorful and Adventurous House
• 7 Marco & Shanna's House of Style
• 8 Carly & Jason's Cozy, Charismatic & Glamorous Home
• 9 Chris & Roger's DIY + Modern Farmhouse
• 10 Michael's Masculine & Modern Open Studio
Images: See linked posts for full image credits