Sometimes, at Apartment Therapy, we like to focus not just on the how of decorating, but the why. Besides being beautiful, your home should also be a place where you feel comfortable and happy. This year, our writers tackled a multitude of topics having to with mindful living — from simplifying your life to making peace with the stuff you already own, from tackling humongous, intimidating chores to accepting that there's always going to be something else to do. We also talked about making friends later in life, using your home to accomplish your goals, and some simple ways to be happier at home.
1. How Not to Be a Hoarder
2. A Little Mess: Making Peace with Our Stuff
3. How To Tackle that Humongous, Unweildy Beast of a Nagging Household Chore
4. Mindful Living: Accepting the Never-Ending Cycle of Household Chores
5. The Joys and Drawbacks of Living Solo
6. Finding Friendship at Every Stage of Your Life
7. Over-Sharing and Over-Caring: Decorating Our Homes in the Digital Age
8. Embracing Patience: Slow Decorating
9. Using Your Home to Reach Your Dreams
10. 10 Simple Things to Make You Happier at Home
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)