Aaron and Rob + pets, Jan and Ira Katz & Simon Le Bone Location: Gold Coast — Chicago, IL Size: 700 square feet Years lived in: 3 — owned I met Aaron through a mutual friend a couple of months ago and when he mentioned that he lives in the Astor Tower condominiums, I'm afraid I overreacted. I LOVE Bertrand Goldberg's buildings and so of course I started pestering Aaron about a house tour. After a bit of cajoling, he agreed. interior designer. Aaron's purchasing philosophy is to get the things you love and then enjoy them and he certainly holds true to it. A vast collection of books stacked along a wall will someday be a wall of shelves that will neatly put everything in place. That Aaron hasn't plopped an IKEA shelf in just to fill the space and will instead wait as long as he must until he finds the perfect solution is a lesson I know I can take away from this house tour.
- • The paint on the entry wall is just Benjamin Moore Black, but of course that will change by next week.
• The kitchen cabinet paint I had custom matched to the original GE enamel.
• The giant strainer in the kitchen is by C. Jere c. 1982.
• The metal disk wall sculpture by the kitchen passthrough behind my desk is also by C. Jere. It's called "Raindrops". It's an original production, not the reissue.
• The oil painting of the little girl in my entry is by Madeleine Stanley Jossem (it's one of my favorite pieces because she was a dear friend; I think of her every day when I see that painting).
• There are 2 Lee Godie pieces; they were both gifts.