We're big fans of stripes — colorful ones, black and white ones, big fat wide ones. We love the color and boldness they add to a room. But what if you're shy about pattern, or only want to add just a little bit of color? For a simple, quirky accent, try adding just one stripe.
1. Striped bed by Knack Studios.
2. Try it on an exterior! Striped cottage by Hatchworks Austin, via Studio G.
3. Continue a stripe onto the windows for extra impact. From Marie Claire Maison.
4. Parting Seas Serving Platter, $29.95 from Anthropologie
5. Thinking about painting your stairs? Try adding a single block of color. Image by photographer Winny Pepping (used with permission).
6. A little stripe livens up tableware. Pepper shaker, $259, and salt shaker, $298, both from Kneen and Co.
7. Two stripes add modern punch to the hallway of a lovely old building. 'Stripes' carpet system by DUM, via Daily Tonic.
8. Another use for the ubiquitous Washi tape — create a faux chair rail effect. From Yellow Brick Home.
9. A single stripe slips over the curves and corners of intricate molding. Magnus Anesund for Elle Interior. (P.S. Are you as in love with that table as I am? It's the Shuffle Table by Mia Hamborg. Available here.)
10. Change it up a bit: try a crazy angular stripe. Don't forget to keep everything else (sort of) simple. Skona Hem via Sf Girl by Bay.
(Images: as linked above)