If you're strapped for time, space or cash there's a quick, easy way to uplift your entire bedroom by just adding one item: a throw or blanket at the end of the bed. Don't underestimate how powerful this simple punch of personality can be; it really can change the whole look of a space.
This is perfect for those who are renting and can't do a lot of permanent things to their bedroom, and also great for those folks who want to change the look of things in their space a lot. Hardly a new idea, there's more to it than just throwing a blanket at the end of your bed without thinking about it. Of course the color and pattern will affect the look of your space, but how you throw it can affect it, too. Casually drape it over the whole end of your bed or just a corner for a casual feel to the room. Fold it into a wide strip or a narrow strip for a modern look. Experiment with layering blankets for a sophisticated, bohemian look. We spotted some fun pops of colors, patterns and styles at the end of beds in some Apartment Therapy house tours:
1) Mixing geometry and color at Erin's Warm & Wood-Wrapped Austin Bungalow
2) Simple and modern stripes at Charley & Jessica's "Patina Clean"
3) A subtle hint of a color and a casual feel at Alison's Modern Rustic Mar Vista Home
4) Bold pattern on pattern at Lisa & Piero's English Inspired Los Feliz Home
5) Sleek fold and ethnic print at Ashley & Kyle's Personality Packed Home
Are you a throw at the end of the bed kind of person? What sort of color or pattern do you have at the end of yours? Or do your prefer a clean and simple, blanket-at-the-end free bed?
(Images: 1. Adrienne Breaux, 2. Leela Cyd Ross, 3. Bethany Nauert, 4. Marcia Prentice, 5. Adrienne Breaux)