There's a lot you can do with walls - paint color, murals, decals and graphics, but one idea we've been seeing more and more of is adding texture with decorative 3-D objects. The most popular are inspired by nature - birds, butterflies and flowers - and they can be made very cheaply with simple materials.
Here are ten examples to inspire you. Some were purchased, but many were made with paper, inexpensive plastic flowers or, in one case, branches.
- Reese's Nursery by Linde Browning Design
- Nursery Number Two
- Meg's Room for Three
- Baby W's Modern Classic Nursery
- Greta's Warm Sophisticated Space
- Cherry Tree Mural by Centsational Girl
- Blakeley's Dual Purpose Nursery
- Cocktail Napkin Flowers in Landry's Room by The High Heeled Hostess
- A "Big Girl" Room Full of Color & Life
- Ave's Neutral + Coral Nursery
(Images: 1. Linde Browning Design 2. Paige Rein 3. Meg Spaeth 4. Emily & Nicholas W. 5. Andrea Bradley/DoublClik 6. Centsational Girl 7. Barbara I. 8. The High Heeled Hostess 9. Julie 10. Bethany Nauert)