- Chattanooga, TN
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I am naturally drawn to dark colors and the feeling of warmth and coziness that they create. Think leathers, velvets, and warm wooden accents. This particular color, Sealskin, first began as a choice for painting the mantel---it wasn't long before it had gone beyond the brick borders and onto every wall. Dramatic, dark backgrounds make all whites much more crisp and all colors more vibrant.
- Colors used in my room:
- Sealskin + Ivory + Leather + True Red
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Don't be afraid of it. If you like dark, go dark! And a limited palette does not stifle creativity---instead, it allows you to introduce new and old materials much more easily and more often (which is especially helpful if you are a chronic re-arranger like yours truly).
- Sealskin + Ivory
More posts in Room for Color 2012
ATVideo of the Day