Whether you've gone with a bold or neutral paint palette for your space, there comes a time when you may want to change it up a bit. Adding a wallpaper accent wall is the perfect solution for refreshing a space without all the work of changing the whole room. Here are 10 ideas for how a wallpaper accent wall can renew your painted space.
If you have a bold colored room, wallpaper can help to break it up a bit, and if you have a neutral palette it can add some interest and color. Wallpaper can really define a style in a room, depending on the pattern you pick. You can go graphic, traditional, feminine, masculine, modern, retro, etc., and really show your personality.
1. Add wallpaper to a living room that already has a natural break in the wall. From Home to Home.
2. Lighten up the feeling in a dark dining room, like this space from Better Homes & Gardens.
3. Use wallpaper to break up a single color and create a focal point in the room, as seen in House to Home.
4. Tone down a super bold color by picking an airy complimentary wallpaper, as in this space featured in Bossycolor.
5. Add some interest to a soft, pastel-colored room with a wallpaper pattern that includes the same color, as in this room featured in Lonny.
6. Use wallpaper to create a faux headboard in your painted bedroom, as in this example from Better Homes & Gardens.
7. A recessed wall is just begging you to highlight it with a wallpaper that compliments or contrasts your bold paint color. From CB2.
8. Add a fun and whimsical patterned wallpaper to add some interest to an already colorful room, as seen in this room designed by JAC Interiors.
9 & 10. A wallpaper accent wall is a great choice to refresh a bedroom with a neutral color palette, like these examples seen in Apartment Therapy's bedroom retreat contest and in this lovely room photographed by Danielle Stingu.