Are your walls getting you down? Tired of looking at the same paint color, but have no desire to repaint? Why not consider sprucing up the look of your space by adding pattern with stencils?
Unlike wallpaper, which is often used to accent a space with pattern, a stencil painted pattern appears more natural — and is also a relatively inexpensive way to make a big impact. But the real beauty of a stenciled pattern is the ease at which you can simply change your mind. If you get tired of the pattern, just paint over it.
If you're unsure about your DIY capabilities, consider testing your hand at stencils on a piece of furniture or small statement wall before you tackle an entire room. Perhaps one of these images will spark your creativity and inspire you to tackle your less-than-inspiring space.
1. Triangle Repeat Pattern Nursery Wall, Betz Design Studio.
2. Custom Stenciled Statement Wall, A Beautiful Mess.
3. Before & After: An Orange Stenciled Accent Wall, Apartment Therapy.
4. Texas Idea House Stenciled Master Bedroom Wall, Southern Living.
5. Repeat Stencil Pattern from Stencil 101 Decor by Ed Roth, Design Sponge.
6. Powder Room Reveal, Decor and the Dog.
7. Stenciled Nursery Room Wall, Cozy.Cottage.Cute.
8. How to Stencil a Focal Wall, HGTV.
9. Chevron Stenciled Craft Room Wall, Decor and the Dog.
10. Chris and Hannah's Spectacular Reclaimed Loft, Apartment Therapy.