As the sun begins to shine with summer, my condo has started to feel as if it has been hibernating: drab and lacking color. My favorite and most inexpensive quick fix to a stale room is a colorful throw pillow. My favorites this season are Ikat weave, reminiscent of Central and South American cultures.
Similar to tie-dye in aesthetic, Ikat designs are made by applying dye to fibers before being woven on a loom to creative batik-like fabric patterns. The colors can be as subtle or as bold as you see fit. Here are some great Ikat throw pillow options for a quick dose of color.
1. Diamond Ikat Citrine Pillow from Dwell Studio, $58
2. Set of 2 Coral, Ikat Pillows from Ginette1223, $45
3. Cherry Jam Satin Throw from Madeline Weinrib
4. Hand-Loomed Ikat Pillow Cover from West Elm, $24.99
5. Large Ikat Dots Pillow from Urban Outfitters, $29.99