Shown above, left to right:
1. The purple in this room adds a little sense of drama to an otherwise casual space. The banquette cushions in lavender and the deeper rosy shade in the carpet look unexpected and a bit exotic.
2. A pair of plummy sidechairs add to the slightly art deco feel of this sitting room. This combo of black, gold and plum is one that is retro in a way that we haven't seen in a while, so it's fresh all over again.
3. A kids room tends to be the one place that people feel comfortable adding color. This is a good example of how an unexpected color/texture combo, such as the grape soda-y shag rug makes a room with very neutral walls and flooring immediately feel super colorful and offbeat.
4. You'd feature more than one shade of blue, why not purple? A mix of purples makes things even more interesting in this bedroom. The hardedged blue-ish purple super graphic is a great counterpoint to the reddish-purple ethnic bedspread.
5. Now we'll admit, THIS is a commitment. Tiling of any color is a big decision, but this is a great example of going with an unusual choice. The payoff is a look that is fresh and fun, instead of basic and clinical (modern bathrooms sometimes can come off that way). The white fixture looks great against this magenta-ish purple and the orange towels are a perfect choice to set off and brighten up the whole room.
Check out more great rooms at: From the Desk of Lola