Name: Adeline (2)
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
When we found out we were having a girl, part of the fun was decorating a pink nursery. I wanted to create a nursery that was childish yet sophisticated and fun but not cluttered.
I wanted her to have a space of her own where she could dream, play and grow with for years to come. We created a pink and brown room decked out in trim. It was adorable, so much so that when we unexpectedly moved the following year we replicated the nursery in our new home. When I became pregnant with another daughter, Amelia, we needed to move the furniture into the baby room. We kept the overall look the same, just added a few "big girl" touches.
Adeline's crib actually had the ability to convert into a toddler bed, but seeing as the new baby needed the crib that wasn't going to work. We decided to just purchase her a full size bed and add some guard rails (Regalo Bed Rail). The guard rails can be hidden and tucked under the mattress when not in use. I rarely actually do this but it looks much better in pictures when it's under the mattress! Adeline's bedding is the same pattern and style as her crib bedding, just in full size version.
• Headboard, bedding & drapes: RH Baby & Child
• Hemnes Dresser, nightstand and step stool: IKEA
• Mirror & decorative pillows: HomeGoods
• Prints above bed: Sugar Fresh. Frames: Pottery Barn Kids
• "Adeline" letters: Pottery Barn Kids
• Bookshelf: an older Pottery Barn bookshelf we used to have in our office
• End Table Lamp: T.J. Maxx find
• Toy basket: Target
• Closet hardware: Joanne Fabrics
Thanks Kasia! Readers, say hello at Simply P-Chee.
(Images: Kasia/Simply P-Chee)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE