To correspond with this month's theme of outdoors, Apartment Therapy bloggers were asked to do a post detailing their dream outdoor party or picnic. Since I'm in the middle of sprucing up our outdoor areas, I have plenty of inspiration for mine. Read on for a fresh and colorful outdoor party and picnic idea!
My ideal outdoor party would be a mix of girly tablecloths on a couple of cute bistro tables, stunning dinnerware, gorgeous home cooked snacks and people chatting on picnic blankets with good food. It would be casual, come-as-you-go and in my dream not hot (so in reality it probably wouldn't be in Austin right now!). I love backyard barbeques where friends and families congregate to catch up—this party/picnic idea is a slightly softer-around-the-edges version of that. Once the night set in, I'd throw up a sheet, grab a projector (in my dream I have an awesome one) and put on a funny movie while the party continued under the stars and on picnic blankets.
1) Folding Table 38" Round For outdoor dining table inspiration, check out our post Best Outdoor Dining Tables 2010.
2) Duraflon Folding Chairs I first saw this cute chair in Maxwell's fabulous round-up of 2010's best outdoor dining chairs.
3) Tea lights in Mason jars I saw it in a post not too long ago and I fell in love with the simplicity and the warmth of it.
4) Flowery, girly table cloths So fresh and flowy!
5) Gorgeous, modern-inspired tableware We love fine china with a slightly modern look, like this Barbara Barry Radiance Collection from Wedgwood (pictured is an oldie but a goodie: Kelly Hoppen Dinnerware for Wedgwood)
6) Modern and colorful picnic blankets from Etsy seller SewnNatural
7) Fresh lavender bouquets So timeless and wonderful, and smells good, too! (Photo from Flickr member iLoveButter)
8) French-inspired nibbles Though I'm not exactly a chef, I'd love to cook some lovely dishes and snacks for friends, like these cute madeleines.
9) Outdoor movie night ideas!