So what would my perfect hotel getaway look like? Well, first there would be heavy, dark, dramatic drapes — I need pitch darkness when I sleep — but behind them would be a stunning cityscape view that took my breath away. I'd go for a bed that has a high, almost hug-like headboard to help me feel more secure in a bed away from home. A TV on a stylish credenza, good low (never overhead) lighting from remarkable lamps and a warm fuzzy rug underfoot are essentials. And lastly, because even when I go on vacation I tend to take a bit of work with me, I'd want a small, compact desk and comfy chair I could stash my laptop on it and do a little writing between all my city adventuring. Good art (not the generic art you see in bad hotels) would be the icing on the relaxing cake.
1) Modern, abstract, architectural photography of Patrik Lindell.
2) TOKEN's Sideboard
3) Dramatic, heavy Parlor Curtain from Anthropologie
4) Autoban's Bergere Queen Bed
5) Artemide Nesso Table Lamp
6) Vitra Panton Chair Classic by Verner Panton
7) Blu Dot Cant Desk
8) Artecnica Phrena Table Lamp in White
9) Modern Nomad Calla Rug
(Images: As credited above)