Miranda Brooks and Bastien Halard's daughter Poppy's Room in Vogue
It may seem counterintuitive to put the family heirloom rug in the children's room, but have you ever thought about it? If you are lucky enough to inherit or be able to invest in Persians, Berbers or Navajos, why not try them in front of the crib? Click through to see how well it works.
A rug is a big investment, and it makes sense to spend money on pieces that you will never tire of, and will last a lifetime. They add color, texture, and instantly take any twee factor out of the equation.
1. Jordan Ferney's former apartment on Cup of Jo
2. Esther van de Paal's house on Design Mom
3. Hanna's Room on Elina Dahl
4. Miranda Brooks and Bastien Halard's daughter Poppy's Room in Vogue
5. Aurélie Lecuyer's daughter Honoré's room on The Socialite Family
6. Ike's "Baby Bachelor Pad" on Design Crisis
7. Dana Warlock's home on Home Adore
8. Greta's Not So Little Big Girl Room on Apartment Therapy
(Images: 1. Jordan Ferney, 2. Esther van de Paal, 3. Elina Dahl 4. Francois Halard 5. Mélanie Rodriguez 6. Erin Williamson 7. Rikki Skyder 8. Deborah/My.Life.At.Playtime)