How do you create a home that has a story? That paints a picture of your style that looks and feels like you? As always, we spotted some great and interesting advice in this week's most popular house tours. Perhaps it will inspire you to create a great story with your home?
"Buy secondhand, then reupholster, repaint, upcycle to avoid your home looking like an IKEA showroom."
"Peruse stores and magazines. And even better — find a friend who is creative and challenges your style. This will add to the effect and story of your space."
Start with the basics
"My grandma always told me to start with your basic pieces of furniture, and then find reasons to add more. In a small space, there shouldn’t be anything that’s unusable."
Listen to yourself!
(When asked about what friends say about their ) "You should have a big party! And the answer is NO. I will have a small party."
— From Hilary's Hilltop Home
"Never have anything in your home that you don’t absolutely love."
Find more great advice to steal for your home in all of our excellent tours:
- Take Your Time: Advice for Creating a Comfy Space That Feels Like Home
- Keep It Simple, Be Patient: Advice For Creating a Warm & Livable Home
- Don't Rush & Don't Settle: Advice on Finding What You Love
- Explore Possibilities! Advice on Taking Risks With Your Home's Design
- Don't Worry About Others: Advice on Creating a Home That Works For You
- Advice for Creating a Home That Reflects Your Personality
- Start With Good Lighting and More Advice On Filling a Home
- Get Out of Your Comfort Zone (And More Advice on Design Risks)