While I may dream of beach houses in summer, right now I'm all about snowy ski vacations. I'm picturing a cozy mountain top retreat. In fact, the picture in my head looks a lot like Aerin Lauder's Aspen ski lodge! Her home in Aspen has everything I'd want mine to have: beautiful views, simply but tastefully decorated with lots of furry throws and chairs to sink into with a good book at the end of the day, a good Scotch within reach. There's even a game room!
To bring a little of this look into your home:
- Have a great view? Treat it like a piece of art: leave the windows and walls bare and let Mother Nature put on a great performance.
- An abundance of throws in natural shades of brown and beige are great for warding off winter's chill. Even if you forego the furry route, pick ones with texture and heft.
- Stick to a neutral palette: brown, beige, black, cream, winter white evoke winter's color scheme.
- Slipcover your couches in white denim, pile books on the table, puncutate with sprays of branches.
- Classic white sheets, towels and bathrobes evoke luxury.
For more pictures, click here.
(Images: Francois Halard for Vogue)