Cables and cords are the bane of any well thought-out home office. Once you start getting some cables mixed up, there's no way of stopping the dreaded cable squid from appearing under your desk. The best cable management solutions are the ones that are adapted to your own desk and space. Here's what we found.
1. Five Best DIY Cable Management Systems Here are a few good DIY solutions to all of your cable problems.
2. IKEA Signum Ranging from $2 to $10, IKEA's Signum works with a number of IKEA and non-IKEA desks, making it a suitable alternative to hacking your own DIY cable management system.
3. Hiding Your Mess In Plain Sight Instead of wondering what to do with you mess, you can just hide it away behind an extra panel that you can add to your desk. This solution might seem like cheating, but it does make the mess disappear.
4. Plug Hub: The Discrete Powerstrip Organizer While this is still a concept, you can put together your own Plug Hub with a bit of work. The end result might not look as neat, but it will get the job done. The trick is to make it fit exactly over your powerstrip.
5. A Coat Hanger Will Guide Your Cables Away When nothing seems to work, it's time to get creative, like using an IKEA coat hanger to guide your cable mess away from your computer.