A round cocktail table surrounded by four comfy lounge chairs seems to be the perfect arrangement for sharing drinks and conversation with friends, playing board games with family, or just reading the paper with a cup of coffee. There is no rule stating that a cocktail table must be flanked by a sofa and two chairs, so why not shake it up just a little?
This alternative set-up would be ideal for a long living room that can accommodate two seating areas, one with chairs for conversation and one with a sofa for movie watching. Also, some homes have a formal dining room or living room that is rarely used but might get some play with a new seating arrangement.
The problem is, four club chairs or lounge chairs can be rather pricey. We sought out chairs that were attractive, very accessible and under $500. To make it even easier, we found a few round cocktail tables too.
1. World Market Bradbury Leather Chair $199
2. angelo:HOME Harlow Floral Coffee and Cream Arm Chair $259
3. angelo:HOME Hepburn Pecan Brown Arm Chair $289
4. Homer Velvet Club Chair from Sam's Club $314
5. Pier One Ikat Wing Chair $289
6. Pier One Josette Chair $199
7. West Elm Monroe Chair $429
8. Maysinger Club Chair $425
9. Pier One Sigourney Wing Chair $399
10. World Market Morgan Chair $349
How will you pair the tables and chairs? Have you tried this arrangement in your home and if so, how does it function?