• Almost Free: A clean house. Gregory mentioned yesterday that when there's no money to spend, decluttering can breathe new life into an old place and along with that cleaning can have a huge effect. When was the last time you got the dustbunnies out from under the couch? Or cleaned the windowsills. This is the time.
• Boil some cinnamon on the stove to make the air inside feel clean and fresh once the house is clean. It revives the sense and provides a soothing atmosphere.
• The bathroom is such a small space that tiny details make a huge difference. We love these stainless steel Rolling Shower Hooks that cost about $7.
• Having artwork that inspires you is the ultimate luxury. Some affordable options including making your own centerpiece, finding some art by art students, and cutting up books (we know, not all of you are into this idea, but still!).
• If you're down to 2 dishes that are chipped and sad don't forget about Little Tokyo for great deals on simple dishware.
For more inspiration check out what Ryan was able to do with very little money but a lot of vision.