- Bring the season indoors. Kelly's grandmother sends her pressed fall leaves from Illinois that she uses to decorate her mantle. She's also got some driftwood which can easily be found on a trip to the beach. We love going for long walks around the neighborhood, which is a great way to build up (and collect) inspiration for your home's decor.
- Insert colorful objects. Whether they're glass plates or well-designed vases, color is the way to brighten up your mantlepiece and add a bit of playfulness to the space. Glass vases and plates can be found at thrift stores and swap meets at an inexpensive price. We love the use of glass as mantlepiece decor because it adds warmth to the space without looking cluttered.
- Use vintage family photos. Not only will you have a blast going through your families photo archives, displaying them incorporates added charm to the spot. String on a an inspirational wire or group a few with frames for a more polished look.
Apartment Therapy readers--what do you use when decorating your mantlepiece with affordable decor?
- Look!: Decorating For Fall
- Flickr Finds: 10 Best Collectibles Display Ideas
- Look!: DIY Mantelpiece Headboard