The dresser pictured above may look familiar — we saw it in the post Before & After: A Chest of Drawers Gets Paper Sourced back in the beginning of December. Since then the dresser has been transformed all over again…
I was making my usual blog rounds when I stopped over at Fine Diving and saw that the dresser project I had written about last month had gotten a whole new treatment all over again. After a less-than-desirable sealer treatment on her first makeover, Diana decided to start over with the project. After pulling the paper off and repainting the dresser &mdash this time in red! — Diana went for a more simple, yet just as lovely, finishing touch. Using wood grain contact paper, Diana applied a simple pattern directly to the drawers of the painted dresser.
I love the spirit of this! I can't tell you how many projects of mine have turned out with less-than-stellar results. Or, in the case of Diana's first attempt, how many of my projects have been amazing ... right up until I did something like mis-apply a sealant.
Check out the full post, along with a bunch of other great projects, on Diana's blog — Fine Diving.
Images: Fine Diving