O'verlays We've seen this product used a few times on projects - most recently on the Before & After: IKEA Trondheim Madeover With O'verlays. The lightweight, decorative fretwork panels are compatible with many IKEA lines — everybody's favorite, RAST, as well as MALM, PAX, EXPEDIT, EFFEKTIV and LACK. Check out the O'verlays Gallery for inspiration. (And don't forget to send us your Before & After photos!)
• Panyl For those times when you like the shape of an IKEA piece but not the finish, Panyl offers self adhesive vinyl to create new finishes. Their product is currently available for EXPEDIT, BESTA and FRAMSTA, with 34 colors to choose from. Shown above is EXPEDIT with Rosewood Panyl.
• Bemz Covering upholstered IKEA furniture in new fabric can instantly give the illusion of higher quality. Let's face it - IKEA upholstery is pretty cheap and not always very handsome. Bemz creates custom slipcovers for upholstered IKEA furniture. Slip on a new cover and folks won't notice they have the same exact sofa for their last trip to IKEA.
• Mykea — Artist designed decals from Mykea are quick way to add some attitude to a boring old MALM dresser. That attitude comes from a company whose matter is "say no to naked furniture". And just like clothes, Mykea decals can be removed when you tire of them. Seasonal wardrobe just took on a whole new meaning!
• Semi Handmade — Many old, dated kitchens have been freshened up with IKEA cabinetry. It's cheap, it's solid, and it works! Semi Handmade can help you dress up your flat pack cabinets with custom doors and drawers.
• Parts of Sweden — And, finally, the ultimate in IKEA customizing sites! Parts of Sweden offers everything from vinyl decals to handle knobs and even new feet for IKEA beds. Plus, it's from Sweden, so it's like shopping at the big blue box from the comfort of your own home. (Bake some cinnamon rolls to complete the experience.) Images: As credited above.