We had the pleasure of visiting the World Market Center Las Vegas last week and attending the Ahead of the Curve panel featuring a trend discussion with innovative, influential designers - Vicente Wolf, Laura Kirar and Tim Corrigan - that was moderated by Today Show contributor, Susannah Salk. The topic?
Emerging trends. Each designer spent time walking through the market and picked 3 hot new trends that you will start seeing in shops and boutiques over the next few months and seasons. The panel was presented as both a live panel discussion and an interactive webcast for viewers to email in questions during the presentation.
- Unconventional Concrete, concrete is taking new shapes and forms, like a console table or even a ping pong table.
- Into the Woods, this trend is to take one of the world’s most basic and natural elements and create something extraordinary that can be used in everyday life.
- Sculptured Sheen, furniture and decor with a serious shine and glossy makeup, these pieces mix both straight and curved lines, like the legs of a table. Also seen as "traditional lines with a modern twist.
- Unexpected Elements, decor interpreted in a new and interesting fashion, like the wooden chandelier pictured. The wood treatment is unexpected for this type of decor.
- Trendy Turquoise, this pretty blue will be interpreted through furniture, decor and art and will be one of the most popular colors of the season.
- New Energy. New Look., mirrors and screens expand a space, offer a new way to view your home and create new energy in your space.
- The Natural World, back to basics showcasing items with an unfinished look and natural vibe.
- Ethnic without Borders, bold and vibrant colors with a sense of hand made care.
- Mixed Metals, golds, silvers, and more are mixed together to add dimension to decor and is described as a "bipolar" look.
Enjoy an archive presentation of the panel right here and learn more about these talented designers - Vincent Wolf, Laura Kirar and Timothy Corrigan. If you live or visit the Las Vegas area, click here to learn more about the Design Salon, the Las Vegas Design Center's consultation services.
Check out more trends from Apartment Therapy:
Images: courtesy of World Market Center featuring DeWulf Concrete:, Gypsy Faire Tents, Shine Home, Arteriors Home