Air plants are fun because they can be displayed in a variety of containers to suit any style. The formal lines of geometric planters contrast especially nicely with the curved lines of air plants' unusual foliage. Also called tillandsia, air plants aren't limited to a single season. They grow all year long and are virtually impossible to kill. Just give them a good soaking once or twice a week, depending on your climate, and they'll look healthy and beautiful in your geometric container.
Fun fact: As their name implies, air plants get their nutrients and moisture from dust and decaying matter that circulates through the air, using hairy appendages called trichomes.
Shown above, from left to right:
- Geometric Terrarium Pod, Air Plant Glass Terrarium, Stained Glass Planter, from Jechory Glass Designs, $40.00
- Medium Air Plant and Glass Vase // Wedding Favor Decor Gift Wall-Mounted Floating Terrarium DIY Minimalist Garden tillandsia, from Petit Beast, $15.00
- Geometric Air Plant Cube Planter With Tillandsia Hondurensis // Neon Pink - Natural Wood Colorblock, from Sea and Asters, $22.00
- Universe Terrarium Kit, small dodecahedron glass terrarium with a hinged door — stained glass — copper or silver color — eco friendly, from ABJ Glassworks, $85.00
- Terrarium, Stained glass hanging terrarium great for cactus or air plants, geometric octahedron, eco-friendly reclaimed glass, from Crystallographie, $40.00 (Eco-friendly!)
(Images: As credited above.)