- Dallas, TX
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the downtown city views, the abundance of natural light from the windows and high ceilings, and being surrounded by the pieces that I have fastidiously selected and restored over the years. It is also special and unique that my home is in a landmark building that throughout its storied history has played host to a major regional bank, an NPR Radio Station, various Federal war agencies during the Second World War, and even an NFL Team! The quirks it has developed out of necessity over the years give it a truly unique character.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. I find it that being mindful of the scale and proportion of each item as they relate to one another and the room really helps create a successful space of any size. The most inexpensive (free!) solution to making a small space look larger is putting things away.
2. Keep an open mind and pair of eyes. Some of my most favorite pieces come from the most unlikely of places… and provide for great anecdotes when having guests!
3. For me, part, if not all, of the fun is in the hunt for the right piece, so my advice is to not rush it. Surround yourself with things that you love and that mean something to you. It’s a portrait of how you live, so have fun with it!