: Alejandro A.
: Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York
: 224 sq. feet
Your Favorite Thing About Your Outdoor Space: The garden access door is from my kitchen, so it's great having all my meals outdoor surrounded by such beauty.
Biggest Design Challenge With This Space
The biggest design challenge that I encounter was not realizing how big the dis-level the roof was. The place had different highs at every corner, the biggest being two feet . I had plan on a two tier deck and it ended being a three-tier deck.
Tips for Creating a Great Small Outdoor Space:
- Start with a plan with realistic goals and expectations, always knowing that it is 'a plan' and plans can change.
- Make a budget of how much is going to cost. That will determine how you will proceed with the project and how many steps will it take to achieve it.
- Always remember: mistakes will happen so be prepared for them. That way you will not get discouraged.
- Planning is the key to any successful project. Better planning means less mistakes which equals less expense.
- Always remember that your home is your sanctuary and it takes a lot of work, energy and time to keep it that way.
Thanks, Alejandro, and good luck!
* * *
* * *
Ready to submit your own space? You have until 8/21.
But don't delay! We can't post everything, so earlier entries have a better chance of making it on the site.
The entry voted the favorite by our readers gets a brand new PUBLIC bike!
>> Visit the Small, Cool Outdoors 2011 Contest Page To Enter