Name: Alejandro A.
Location: Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York
Size: 224 sq. feet
Your Favorite Thing About Your Outdoor Space: The garden access door is from my kitchen, so it's great having all my meals outdoor surrounded by such beauty.
Biggest Design Challenge With This Space:
The biggest design challenge that I encounter was not realizing how big the dis-level the roof was. The place had different highs at every corner, the biggest being two feet . I had plan on a two tier deck and it ended being a three-tier deck.
Tips for Creating a Great Small Outdoor Space:
- Start with a plan with realistic goals and expectations, always knowing that it is 'a plan' and plans can change.
- Make a budget of how much is going to cost. That will determine how you will proceed with the project and how many steps will it take to achieve it.
- Always remember: mistakes will happen so be prepared for them. That way you will not get discouraged.
- Planning is the key to any successful project. Better planning means less mistakes which equals less expense.
- Always remember that your home is your sanctuary and it takes a lot of work, energy and time to keep it that way.
Thanks, Alejandro, and good luck!
* * *
* * *
Ready to submit your own space? You have until 8/21.
But don't delay! We can't post everything, so earlier entries have a better chance of making it on the site.
>> Visit the Small, Cool Outdoors 2011 Contest Page To Enter
The entry voted the favorite by our readers gets a brand new PUBLIC bike!