Alexander (due August 2012)
Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
I wanted Alexander's nursery to be fun and colorful with lots of pieces that held special meaning to us. It also needed to be budget-friendly, so things were either DIY'd, hand-me-downs, gifted or inexpensive.
We just moved back to the States in June from living in Graz, Austria for my husband's job for 3 1/2 years and there's quite a bit of it sprinkled in this nursery. There are also many things given to us especially for Alexander from friends and family near and far. This little guy will know he's loved.
• Crib: Hand-me-down. (The color of the crib inspired the black chalkboard wall behind it. I saw a photo of a nursery with a dresser the same wood color in front of a chalkboard wall and that was my inspiration.)
• Giraffe photo: my sister actually found it and sent it to me. The baby giraffe was born this past January at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay zoo.
• Shelves: Ikea Expedit
• Mobile: etsy seller Martianique
• Crib sheet: Amazon
• Crib skirt: panels sewed by my mom with grosgrain ribbon trim
• Rug: Urban Outfitters
• Alexanderplatz poster: a poster I saw and snagged at a coffeeshop in Graz back in April since it had Alexander's name and cute drawings of Graz landmarks on it. It was for a local play there. I colored it with markers to make it more fun.
• 'My Roots Lie Here' poster: gift from etsy from my sister
• Curtain: originally our shower curtain from West Elm that I moved in here.
• Glider: Wal-Mart
• Monogrammed Pillow: etsy seller CalicoDaisy
• Sheepskin rug: Ikea
• Dresser: Ikea with new pulls added. Inspiration from here.
• Book ledges: Ikea
Thanks Carolyn! Readers, see more of Alexander's nursery on Life in Graz/Pittsburgh.
(Images: Life in Graz/Pittsburgh)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE