- Copenhagen Denmark
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The first thing I noticed about my apartment was the great layout, high ceilings and lots of light flooding in through the windows, especially in the living room. Most apartments of that size in Copenhagen have sort of a standard layout where you have little choice on how to arrange furniture - and they definitely don't have extravagant double doors! In a way, those are way too large for the space, but it works, and makes the space even more airy.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Create zones. My rug really helps delineating the living room part of my main space
2. Don't be afraid of strong colours and contrasts. My yellow chair next to the grey sofa gives the room a focal point, and my dark grey wall in the bedroom makes for a nice layering effect that gives depth against the white walls of the living room
3. Distinguish between unnecessary stuff and things that hold memories. I constantly try to get rid of stuff that I don't need, so that the little space I have stays clean and clutter-free - but I would never be able to give up my "random window sill collection" of jars, photos and other stuff that holds meaning to me