- Bowling Green, KY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- This is the largest home we've been able to settle into as well as our first working fireplace and small yard. I love getting cozy around the fire in the winter and watching the cardinals cavort about the yard from the office window in the summer. It's the simple things!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Reconsider room designation. When my husband and I moved in, our first inclination was to put our bedroom in the bigger room and the office in the much smaller room. But really only two things happen in the bedroom, both of which occur on the bed. We spend many more waking hours in the office and need space for books, the desk and even our dressers. This way, we don't wake each other up getting dressed in the morning.
2. Get yourself some multi-purpose items. Sadly, our hero stool didn't make it into the pictures but that small piece of furniture does the job of at least three. She helps me get tupperware from the high kitchen shelves, she holds my coffee close to the couch in the morning so I don't have to move a muscle and she's an extra seat when company is over.
3. Have fun! Light and airy is lovely but my home is a jewelry box filled with the art, textiles, gifts and travel treasures that give me joy when I see and use them everyday.
ATVideo of the Day