TINI and lead interior designer on HGTV's Pop Shop Location: Hollywood Hills - Los Angeles, California Size: 3000 square feet Years lived in: 2 1/2 years It is fun to see how shop owner and interior designer Alexis decorates his own home. Even though his place is clean lined and modern, it is also very personal and definitely reflects Alexis' fun energy. Even his dog (Rocky) fits in with the decor!
thisisnotikea.com (of course). Biggest Indulgence: My bed wasn't very cheap, but I love it. Maybe also the new added deck and jacuzzi. Best Advice: Oprah's "Unclutter Your Life" episode was an aha moment for me. The place I lived before this house looked nothing like this, quite the opposite, and that episode made me see that waking up to a house that you're happy with makes you start your day in a completely different mind space. I'm happy and thankful I wake up to this every day now, so all I can say is make your house a place you want to wake up to, spend the time, and if needed the extra dollars; it really does change your life. Also, get rid of things you don't need that are just taking up space, replace them with things that inspire you. It's good to hold on to things that remind us of people we care about, or moments. However, make sure you're not holding on to too many things that you might not love only because you might have some emotional attachment, to the point that it becomes counterproductive. That is one of the biggest issues I have with clients. Dream Sources: Flea Markets: Rosebowl, Long Beach, Fairfax, Pasadena City Collage, Santa Monica, Anahaim, all of them!
- White sofa & dining table: Blueprint
- Black sofa in bedroom: tini
- 2 lucite chairs: ocmodern.net
- Everything else - flea markets, estate sales and yard sales
- Hanging lights next to bed from West Elm
- Every other light is from www.thisisnotikea.com and yard sales and flea markets
- Astro turf in bedroom: White Label Turf
- Shag rug in bedroom: estate sale
- Other big white rug in living room came with the house
- Green tile in master bathroom: Bisazza
- Other tiles and stone came with the house
- Grafitti wall by Abraham (323) 557-7189
- Birds on a wire photograph on top of bed by Alysia Cotter
- Every other art piece came from garage sales and flea makets
- Landscape: Michael Crate - (310) 614-8398
- Alexis' pants: Madisonpark Collection (I insisted he share the source because I loved them so much!)
Marcia Prentice) • HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here. • Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form. • Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.