- Austin, TX
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the 1940s vintage windows. I painted all our interior window trim in Benjamin Moore's Nightfall- a wonderful charcoal color that reads black. I think it really makes them stand out! I also love our ginormous elk antlers above the bed. They are from Gunnison, CO, where my family has been vacationing for generations. Some people may not like their colossal size but I think they definitely make a statement!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I think the absolute most important thing is to bring in elements that are YOU! I love nature. So, I try to incorporate that into my decor as much as possible. It reminds me of the bigger picture in life. I also have some OCD tendencies so it's not hard for me to keep our bedroom tidy and organized. Now the closet is not always in the best shape but I just shut that door and pretend it is! ;)
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I would say our bedroom is definitely for relaxation and peace. We purposely did not put a TV or computer in the room. It's a place to go rest, read, write, or listen to music. I try to keep it clean and bright so it is a calm and welcoming space for us to retreat. We enjoy a small private courtyard right outside our room. With twin 5yr old boys and another 5yr old boy on the way (through adoption) we need a retreat!!
My Bedroom Retreat