This nursery is for our adoption from Uganda! We are waiting for a referral for a boy or girl 12 months to 3 years! So that was the first hurdle to overcome when designing this space...hmm...what gender will it be??
Don't worry...I have plenty more hurdles...
1. We rent this cute 1940s bungalow, which is wonderful and in a pretty hip Austin neighborhood...however...we RENT. Need I say more?
2. We had a very limited budget to create this room...i.e. NO budget. Since most of our extra money was and still is going towards the high adoption costs! but OH-SO-WORTH-IT.
3. My own obsessive-compulsive issues.
Craigslist find from IKEA
recycled from one of our twin boys...I hate that color so will probably be painting it some crazy color
knockoff Bertoia style chair with DwellStudios for Target throw pillow
• Baskets on wall are from Uganda
• Prints are from Etsy
• Sheep skin rugs are from IKEA
• My favorite: the mobile I made from branches from our ranch in Colorado where I spent my summers as a child and is a very dear place to us!
• Carpet = HORRIBLE but we're renting so what can you do?
Benjamin Moore's "Gray Horse" paint
Thanks Ali! And good luck!
(Images: Ali Wallace)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE