In the mood for a closet cleanse in the New Year? There's something very therapeutic about clearing out the old and only keeping what you need and love. Check out our roundup of where and what to do with your old clothes and ways to make your closet organized and healthy.
Clearing Out The Closet:
• 10 Tips for a Closet Cleanse
• thredUp: A New Way To Clean Out Your Closet
• 13 Ways to Repurpose Old Clothes
• LACMA: New Life for Old Clothes
• Dig N' Swap
• NYC: Recycle Your Old Clothes at the Greenmarket
• Can I Recycle My Blue Jeans?
• Clean Out Your Closet with a Clothing Swap!
Greening the Closet:
• Greening the Closet: What About Eco-Friendly PJs?
• 3 Eco-Friendly Hangers
• How To: Make Fabric Covered Hangers
• Eco Clothes Hanger Made from Cardboard and Reused Bottles
• Room in a Wardrobe: Second Skin by Rene Siebum
• What Do You Do With Wire Hangers?
• Green Washing at the Dry Cleaners
• How To: Make Your Own Clothing Freshener and Dewrinkler
• Do You Buy Organic Clothing?
• At Home Answers to Dry Cleaning
• Earth Saver Clothing Hangers Made from Corn
(Image: Flickr member The One and Only Jet Guer for AT:LA)