Feeling blue is usually considered a bad thing, but these homes show that strict use of the color can be anything but a downer - in fact, many have a vibrant energy thanks to the eye-catching shade...
Decorating with one color can create quite a dramatic statement, and the use of a subtle accent shade helps to keep the space from being overwhelmed. We imagine it also cuts down on a few decorating dilemmas - no more "should I go with the green fabric or the blue?", you've already got that covered. So would you do a room up in just one bold shade, be it blue or any other? Let us know your thoughts.
- A study in blue by photographer Chris Everard
- Blue exterior from Ryan Associates via Houzz
- A blue on blue room by designer S.R. Gambrel
- Another blue exterior, this time by Narofsky Architecture via Houzz
- Blue dining room from House Beautiful