If you're going to spend a bit of time on a DIY project, why not go for the gold? Here are 5 easy DIYs involving metallics, minerals, and mirrors that can add a bit of sparkle and shine to your home.
1. Raw Crystal Wine Stoppers by The Glitter Guide: This DIY is as simple as they come, but the finished product is still a show-stopper. These make the perfect bar cart accessory, but you could also adapt the idea for cabinet pulls, curtain finials, or any number of other decorative elements.
2. Copper and Marble IKEA Side Table Hack by Style Me Pretty: The IKEA PS side table is a functional piece whose bamboo and white finish goes well with a number of design styles, but if you're looking for a bit of glitz and glamour, all it takes is some marble contact paper and copper leaf to give it a new lease on life.
3. Glittery Acrylic Tray from Madigan Made: Shannon combines two great materials in one easy project that uses a picture frame as its base. Chances are good you have one lying around the house.
4. Gold-Dipped and Wood DIY Mirror Frame by Pretty Providence: The contrast of the stained wood and shiny paint make this frame a great way to jazz up a basic cheap mirror.
5. Gold Confetti Dish Tutorial by Vitamini Handmade: Simple, cheap dip bowls with added confetti dots make great display dishes, key corrals, or jewelry holders, and they don't require any artistic skill.
(Images: as credited above)