Peacock inspired decor has been on the trend watch since, well — practically forever. The majestic birds have graced everything from ancient Chinese silk paper art to Tiffany lamps, and in recent years they've made big waves in the world of home design. Generally, birds gross me out, but I make a happy exception for anything peacock.
• 2. Michelle Brusegaard's Peacock Feather towels, 2 for $12. These would make an awesome hostess gift! Michelle is responsible for my super wonderful calling cards, and I can't say enough wonderful things about her design and her service.
• 3. Single Stone Studio's huge Peacock Feather Decal, $32.
• 4. CB2's Peacock pillow, $29.95
• 5. Ferm Living's Feather Wallpaper, $110 per roll.
• 6. Jonathan Adler for HSN home's Peacock Pillows set of 2, $99.95
• 7. Dwell Studio's Peacock Pillow in Azure, $58 (other colors available)
• 8. Overstock's Hand tufted Peacock wool rug, 8x10' $353.99 (other sizes available)
• 9. Dwell Studio's Peacock Citrine bedding, queen $280 (other sizes available)
•10. Anthropologie's Peacock Dinnerware, $14- $20
• 11. Pier 1's Peacock Feather rug, 8x 5', $299.95
• 12. Wisteria's Antiqued Peacock Mirror, $2,399.
• For what it's worth, Plantation's Peacock, $1995. I'll be honest, I think this is weird, like most taxidermy, and certainly don't condone it. However similar birds have been making their way into many notable designs, most recently in Lonny's spread on Celerie Kemble's living room (picture 13).
Images: 1-12: as linked above, 13: Lonny