Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Seattle, WA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I enjoy my home because it has a subtle sense of humor and doesn't take itself too seriously. The cacti arranged by height is one example of this. Another example is how I propped our dining table higher (to fit dining chairs under) by placing old magazines under its legs. Sure, it looks a tad ridiculous, but I like it. One last point: a little bit of controlled messiness never hurt anybody.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- The biggest challenge was to fit two "living room" areas, two office spaces, and a dining area all in a single open space. I don't have a secret to success... except that it took countless rearranging attempts until it felt just right. What "right" means in this case is proper balance and flow.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- There are so many furniture designers that work out of their garages and produce some really fantastic pieces. They have to charge premium prices for obvious reasons. I'd love to support these independent folks more.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013