Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Nashville, TN
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- The home was built in the late 1800's and I love that I'm surrounded by history. The aged architecture creates a very calming space. When the sunlight beams through the tall windows in the morning I'm ready to start my day, and in the evening, when the candles are lit and I pick up a book to read, I can't help but think of how many before me have done the same thing.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Take the time to find and create unique storage. The antique coat rack was the perfect solution to a tiny shallow closet, and building shelves within a door frame that was never used gave me a place to display treasured items. Having a place for everything keeps it simple, and simple is relaxing...and always have some fresh flowers to wake up to each morning.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I think of my room as a sanctuary...friends like to call it the romantic room. Whether I'm working on my computer, sitting at my desk sewing, or just having a cup of tea, my bedroom is a comforting place where I'm surrounded with all my favorite things. I consider it to be the heart of my home.
See all entries