- Somverville, MA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The huge sliding door windows that look out over the courtyard combined with the high ceilings make the space feel much bigger than it is. I also love that I have two huge closets and a full sized kitchen.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. DIY: I knew I wanted a table where I could host 4-6 people for dinner but a standard table wasn't going to fit, so I made one from reclaimed barn flooring and industrial pipe. The project took up a Saturday and was under $400! The rope & copper hanging curtain is also DIY and works really well to visually separate the bed from the living area.
2. Don't be afraid to go large: I have a full sized sofa and a HUGE painting my grandmother painted which are totally not "small decor" approved but they really make the space feel unique and the sofa is super comfortable for netflix
3. Keep working at your layout until it works for the way you actually use your space instead of the way you think it "should' be. I spent a few weeks with a layout that maximized floor space but wasn't easy to relax in. Now the floor space is pretty covered but when I sit in the space at the table or watching TV the space feels more like a home than a hotel room.