Last weekend I had the pleasure of spending the weekend on a goat farm/creamery for a little getaway, which got me thinking: What other creative and out of the ordinary places can you rent for a vacation? Plenty, it turns out. From a beer barrel in Germany that you can sleep in to a B&B shaped like a giant dog in Idaho, here are the 10 that made our list.
1. Dog Bark Park Inn B&B, $98 a night via Airbnb
Stay in the belly of a giant dog at this B&B in Cottonwood, Idaho.
2. Wings Neck Lighthouse, $500 a night via Airbnb.
New England lighthouses are an icon of the region, you can stay in this one in Pocasset, MA and get the full experience.
3. Boulder House, $695 a night via Airbnb.
This unique house in Yucca Valley, CA blends in with the boulder strewn landscape around it and even incorporates them into one of its suites.
4. Love Nest, $137 a night via Airbnb.
Stay in a cozy loft above a barn complete with its own private deck and dude ranch style decor in Morongo Valley, CA.
5. Boom Box House, $175 a night via HomeAway.
This unique beachside house offers amazing views, through its windows shaped like beat box speakers, of the surrounding Kehena Point Cliffs in Hawaii.
6. Spruce Mountain Lookout Tower, info through Recreation.gov.
Rise above it all, and take in some amazing views, in this now defunct fire lookout tower in Spruce Mountain, WY.
7. Seashell House, $225 a night via Airbnb.
What island stay is complete without staying in a giant seashell? Located on Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
8. Historic Beer Barrel, $113 a night via Airbnb.
When visiting Ostbevern, Germany sleeping inside a historic beer barrel seems to be the only logical way to go. At the very least it will make for a better story when you get back.
9. Secluded In-town Treehouse, $350 a night via Airbnb.
What could be dreamier than these cafe-light-draped, antique-furnished treehouses in the heart of Atlanta, GA.
10. Covered Bridge, $195 a night, via Airbnb.
Stay in a house shaped like a historic covered bridge in Nevada City, CA. While the outside may look quaint, the inside resembles a modern loft.