Chances are, by the time Christmas rolls around, most of us are already feeling pretty sick and tired of red and green. So why not set your holiday table with a different festive color palette in mind? Here are a few stylish, unexpected twists on holiday color to think about as you gather your supplies this weekend.
• Orange, purple, and pink. These vibrant colors look beautiful together when natural elements are combined. Here in northern California we still have some rusty fall leaves to choose from. Pair them with a silvery-purple succulent for a centerpiece, like this one from Flora Grubb Gardens (designed by yours truly).
• Citrus yellow, creamy white, and forest green. Citrus colors are perfectly appropriate this time of year, and they're a beautiful contrast with deep evergreen branches. This gorgeous arrangement comes from Saipua.
• Turquoise and lily-white. Simple paperwhites look beautiful with bright blue on this gorgeous table by Chelsea, featured on Project Wedding.
• Navy blue and cream. Dark blue linen has a nice natural look when paired with plain dishes. Love the little dried fern as an organic element too. From Canadian House and Home.
• Soft silver and textured black. Another one from Canadian House and Home... this combination has the potential to be garish, but using rough-hewn black ceramic dishes and soft silvery foliage makes for a lovely and harmonious table. Mercury glass is a great way to get silver without an overly flashy effect.
What will your color palette be this year for your holiday dinners?